Sad news

Home Forums Geocaching Topics Sad news

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of redagain (Patricia McCarthy) redagain (Patricia McCarthy) 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bobby Tedford
    Participant

I am sad to to have to inform everyone of the passing of one our beloved members, and one of my best geocaching friends. Short Circuit passed away Sunday.

Team Bamboozle and Richie are planning on having a Memorial Event for Richard.

Ken
    Participant

I am so sad hearing of Richard’s passing. I first met Richard in Nov 2004 when he attended an event hosted by me and my Niece (Dingy Mama) in Woolmarket , MS. I remember so many good times shared with him, when Biloxi Bay and I would come to New Orleans and Richard would act as our tour guide around the area. The first cache of the day would always be the Donut house. We shared many days caching, meals and Geocaching will not be the same without him. He was a true friend and I will miss him.

leftygator
    bluesprucejr
    Participant

Richard, aka shortcircuit2, will certainly be missed by the geocaching communities in both Mississippi and Louisiana. I remember when I first met him back in 2006. My wife spotted him out of the school window as he walked across the cemetery to the first cache I ever hid – Down By The Riverside. To see this man with a crutch going after my first cache was really exciting to us “newbies”. We enjoyed seeing him many times over the years at many caching events. He was truly one of the “greats” in geocaching in my opinion, and we mourn his passing. But, as I tell people all the time, our mourning is not for him – he is in a far better place – but for us because we no longer can enjoy his friendship, his laughter, his camaraderie along the caching trails of Mississippi, Louisiana, and beyond. Rest In Peace, my friend.

We will do our best to be at the event that is being planned in his memory.

Spruce
    aka bluesprucejr

huh… can somebody share where and where this event is that is being planned in his memory?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.